This is the trend of short videos and every social media apps comes with new ideas to promote creators to make Short Videos on their Apps.
Youtube Shorts the competitor of Instagram Reels and Tiktok has today announced Youtube Shorts Funds in which Youtube has allocated $100 million rewards for making creative and original Shorts for year 2021 to 2022. Each month youtube will select thousands of elegible creators for Youtube Shorts Funds.
Youtube said that creators can earn any amount between $100 ( Rs 7400) to $10,000 (Rs 7,40,0000).
How to qualify for Youtube Shorts Fund
Youtube said that the elegibility for Youtube Shorts Funds will depend on reach, views and engagement of short videos of previous month. Eligible Creators will be told that they qualify by email and notification in the YouTube app after the first week of each month. It will include the amount of bonus and instructions how to claim it. You should claim bonus before 25th of the month or your bonus will get expired and you wont get any money.
A channel’s Shorts will count toward their monthly performance each month viewers watch them, not just the month they were uploaded. Your Channels Shorts performance is reviewed every month, If the creator does not qualify for shorts funds this month they may be qualified next month.
Creators of Countries eligible to earn from Youtube Shorts Video
You must be from Brazil, India, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, Russia, South Africa, United Kingdom and United States to be eligible for Youtube Shorts Funds. Youtube said that it will expand elegibility for other countries very soon.
What are the elegibility criteria to earn bonus from YouTube Shorts Fund
- Channels need to have uploaded at least one eligible Short in the last 180 days.
- Creators must be 18 years old or above. If you are below 18 years you must have a parent or guardian accept terms and set up an AdSense account for payment when one isn’t already linked to their channel.
- Channel must abide to Youtube Community Guidelines, Copyright Rules and Monitization Policies.
- Creator must create their own original content
- Channels uploading videos with watermarks or logos from third-party social media platforms, non-original videos (for example, unedited clips from movies or TV shows), or videos reuploaded from other creator’s channels will not be eligible.
- Channels do not need to be currently monetizing on YouTube to be eligible.
- Creators in the YouTube Partner Program and channels that are affiliates under a Multi-Channel Network (MCN) are also eligible.
How to claim bonus payment from Youtube Shorts
Creators need to complete two steps to claim their bonus:
- Accept the bonus terms.
- Set up or link an AdSense account.
When will you receive payment
You will receive payment between 21st and 26th of the following month.